Professional artists needed to be part of the future of Arts Together
We are looking for artists to join our specialist creative team working with older people in Wiltshire. For 20 years Arts Together has been providing unique arts projects, enabling friendships and supporting the well-being of older people through weekly creative workshops.
What are we looking for?
- Creative individuals engaged with their practice who want to share their skills beyond the studio
- You will have worked professionally with vulnerable adults and understand the special qualities needed for this role
- Be able to adapt creative ideas to the needs of people with limited mobility, impaired hearing and vision, Parkinsons, dementia, depression and the many other challenges of older life
- Be empathetic and a good communicator
- Be flexible and able to creatively respond to evolving workshop situations
- Be able to carefully plan projects and engage and instruct both participants and volunteer helpers
- You can create through your experience and personality an environment of trust and safety
- All art forms that can be effectively facilitated with older adults will be considered
- You will have access to a vehicle and be within a 30 mile radius of the centre of Wiltshire (Devizes)
- Additionally you will have or be willing to have a DBS clearance check and be able to provide the details of 2 referees who can vouch for your work and character.
- You will also have or be willing to get your own public liability insurance. We can advise on this.
What do we offer you?
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and appreciative participants – maximum of 12
- To work alongside other artists, volunteers and be inspired by the ethos of Arts Together
- Professional rates of pay plus a small materials budget and reasonable travel costs
- Support, training and mentoring
What do I need to do next?
Write to or email Karolyne at the address below with:
- An up to date CV outlining your background, training and experience
- A very brief statement of no more than 200 words saying why you might fit this role
- A link to your website or online presence
Other important information
- We are looking for more than one artist
- Workshops are 1.5 hours long and run weekly over 30 weeks of the year loosely following school terms
- Each artist is contracted to run a project over 5 sessions at one venue. They may then be asked to repeat this at the other 5 venues in Wiltshire
- We have artists who have worked with us for 20 years
- You may be initially invited to be an unpaid visitor in order to observe a workshop session
- If needed we will conduct an informal interview at a suitably convenient time and location
- If you do not hear back from us, then please assume that your application was not successful, however we will try and respond to everyone if we can.
- If you wish to chat to someone first then please phone Karolyne on 01380 831434
- There is lots of information about Arts Together on the website and on Facebook
Write to Karolyne at: [email protected]
Arts Together, PO Box 4241, Edington, Wiltshire, BA13 4WG