A ‘Little Book of Things’
If you are a regular group member at Arts Together you should have received a small sketch book. If you don’t have a book, why not make one! Here is a simple suggestion:
- You will need some paper for pages – it’s time to think laterally, so if you don’t have crisp white sheets, how about old diary pages, paper packaging, newspaper, magazine pages. Anything that already has images or print on can be painted or collaged over.
- You will also need a pair of scissors, a stapler or a needle and thread.
- Maybe some thin card for a cover
The book can be any size you want – depends on the size of the paper you have. The diagram and photos may help you. Over to you.
Here’s a link to some other book making ideas www.facebook.com/Making-Books
Now you have a book here’s how to get started
- The naming of parts. It’s YOUR book. Give it a name and write/paint/ paste it on the front. Mine is called ‘This way up’ and it starts at the back. (by accident)
- The first page – decorate it with anything you like and cheers you up, or makes you think. Remember it’s not precious, just plonk it on. You can always paste a new image later if you get fed up with it. Just get going
- Your daily record – every day note down one thing that has made you smile, made you think, was exciting/moving, a moment of joy. The smallest things brighten our days and are gone in a flash. Catch them before you forget
- It’s your book. Use it for any scribbles you want, any silly thoughts or wonderful ones, things you see or hear. Catch the world – its wonderful