Make your own skittles
…either decoupaged or painted over a paper mache layer.
You will need:
- Empty plastic bottles eg. milk, water bottles- however many you want to knock down!
- a ball- tennis ball/even an orange! (other round fruit are available)
- PVA glue if decoupage/collage or if painting you can paper mache the bottles first for the paint to adhere using newspaper strips and applying a paste made from a mug of flour and a mug of water mixed together.
- decoupage paper/tissue paper/ scrap paper
- or acrylic paints/poster paints and brushes
To make the skittle, first put a little soil or sand in the bottom to give some weight to them- an inch or two full should be OK.
Then, if you plan to paint, paper mache a layer with newspaper and above paste recipe. Allow to dry before painting designs on. The design could be a jazzy pattern, simple spots/stripes or you could paint faces on…etc.
If doing decoupage then simply use the PVA glue and scrap papers to decorate making sure there’s a layer of glue over the whole top of the papers too. Could do rainbow of colours/ just two colours, anything goes!
Once dry, set up and play!
Thank you Hannah Carding for this