What to Expect
go to site I’m not arty!
can you buy gabapentin online reddit The word “art” is troublesome. It means different things to different people. Common responses are: “I’m not arty” or “At school the teacher said my drawing was rubbish!” or “I don’t get modern art”. You don’t need to be an artist or have any previous experience of art to enjoy Arts Together. In fact, sometimes the less you know the more of an adventure it can become.
Arts Together has given me confidence to try new things. Even if I make a mess of it nobody judges what you do or make
Our groups are fun, creative, social places where people feel safe and supported and are encouraged to just “have a go”! The results can be surprising and hilarious. Our belief is that we are never too old to take a risk and try something new!
So what should you expect?
- Pre-arranged free transport from your home usually by either shared community bus or a Link car.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits plus a warm welcome on arrival at 10.45am, and time to meet everyone and the artist.
- Participation in the arts activity for an hour and a half led by the artist and supported by our attentive volunteers. All materials and equipment are provided.
- A cooked lunch that caters for individual dietary needs and is served by the Arts Together Team.
- A bit of time for socialising and reflection on the session before the transport comes to take you home at 1.30pm
Each group is facilitated by a carefully selected artist, who is supported by up to three volunteers and a registered carer. All of the Arts Together team have enhanced DBS checks (Disclosure and Barring Service) and regular training and advice sessions.
You are brought here as if by magic. You get embarrassed asking for lifts but not here ‘cos someone just appears and brings you