Arts Together depends on a team of dedicated volunteers to help the charity function and to enable older people to take part. Volunteers come from all walks of life, but share a common commitment and passion to give of their time to the groups and the running of the project.
You may only be able to spare a couple of hours a week, but will find the experience very rewarding and stimulating. Group volunteers work within a small team of like-minded people and provide essential week to week consistency and familiarity for group members.
Previous experience of working with older people or of art is not required, just a desire to join in and offer support to others.
Group volunteers principal role is to support the artist who is running the session and make sure that members are able to take part as much as they are able. We need volunteers attached to individual groups as well as others who can travel to our other groups when needed.
Group volunteering would entail:
- Arriving about 10.30am and helping the artist setup the work space and materials
- Greeting members as they arrive and serving tea and coffee (We provide free food handling training)
- Assisting members with the art project as necessary – but not doing it for them
- Helping to clear away at 12.30 and setting up the tables for lunch
- Bringing lunches to the table from the kitchen
- Sharing lunch before clearing away and preparing members for departure at 1.30pm
Groups meet on the following days:
- Marlborough – Mondays
- Bradford on Avon – Tuesdays
- Devizes – Tuesdays
- Pewsey – Thursdays
- Trowbridge – Thursdays
- Melksham – Fridays
For further information about our volunteer roles and how to apply please download a volunteer application pack.
Arts Together Volunteer Application Pack. pdf version
Arts Together Volunteer Application Pack. word version
All volunteers are required to attend occasional training and advice sessions and to obtain an enhanced DBS clearance (Disclosure and Barring Service). We can do this for free.
If you would like to have an informal chat about joining our team, then call
Julieann on 01380 590095 or fill out the enquiry form here.
This is a great organisation – and the volunteers get as much out of it as our members. You’ll find interesting conversation, wonderful anecdotes and astounding creativity – and lunch!