To watch this film with subtitles click the CC symbol on the film menu bar and select your language.
A few hours a week, sharing ideas, encouraging each other, talking over lunch and making friends. Arts Together groups are always entertaining, full of fun and there is always lots of laughter
We have a range of volunteering opportunities available.
Group volunteers principal role is to support the artist who is running the session and make sure that members are able to take part as much as they are able. We need volunteers attached to individual groups as well as others who can travel to our other groups when needed. Group volunteering would entail:
- Arriving about 10.30am
- Helping the artist setup the work space and materials
- Greeting members as they arrive and serving tea and coffee (We provide free food handling training)
- Assisting members with the art project as necessary – but not doing it for them
- Helping to clear away at 12.30 and setting up the tables for lunch
- Bringing lunches to the table from the kitchen
- Sharing lunch before clearing away and preparing members for departure at 1.30
Groups meet on the following days:
- Marlborough – Mondays
- Bradford on Avon – Tuesdays
- Devizes – Tuesdays
- Pewsey – Thursdays
- Trowbridge – Thursdays
- Melksham – Fridays
In addition some volunteers take on additional tasks:
- Buying the weekly ingredients for making lunch
- Ordering desserts from our supplier
- Collecting members’ donations and keeping a record of who attends
Positive feedback and kind words from the group participants makes volunteering a pleasure
Arts Together also needs volunteers to:
- Help with fund-raising
- Organise local events and promotions
- Be advocates for Arts Together
All volunteers are required to attend occasional training and advice sessions and to obtain an enhanced DBS clearance (Disclosure and Barring Service). We can do this for free.
If you would like to have an informal chat about joining our team, then call
Karolyne on 01380 831434
Email Karolyne at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the enquiry form here.
This is a great organisation – and the volunteers get as much out of it as our members. You’ll find interesting conversation, wonderful anecdotes and astounding creativity – and lunch!